Domestic/International Freshmen and Transfer Applicants
Applying to the University and the School of Music
- In order to pursue a degree in music Prospective High School Seniors and Transfer Students must apply and be admitted to Cleveland State University. Information on University admissions requirements, financial aid, and other general information may be obtained from the Cleveland State Admissions Office or log on to www.csuohio.edu/admissions; https://www.csuohio.edu/international-admissions/undergraduate-students
- The School of Music requires a successful audition for all freshmen and transfer students on one’s major instrument or voice in which is displayed their technical and artistic proficiency. It is important when preparing an audition to consider selecting audition pieces that best demonstrate musical and technical capabilities. The audition determines acceptance as music major.
- Applicants must submit the CSU Application, the School of Music Application Undergraduate Audition Application and all required documents by their selected audition date. Please check your CampusNet account regularly to track your application and document status. If you have questions about applying to the School of Music, you might find your answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Select an audition date listed on Undergraduate Audition Application
- Confirmation emails to audition will be sent as soon as possible
- Decisions, made on a rolling basis.
- Recorded/SKYPE auditions may be accepted from out-of-state applicants (at least 400 mi.) and international applicants, where travel to Cleveland presents an extreme hardship. Please make sure the audition repertoire on the CD/DVD is in accordance with the Undergraduate Audition Requirements and permission from the School of Music.
On-Campus Audition Dates – Fall 2020 Admission
- Saturday, February, 8, 2020
- Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Saturday, February 29, 2020
- ^Percussion - Will schedule in-person audition
To guarantee consideration for Music Scholarship, students should audition by the last posted audition date.
Percussion Auditions by appointment only – Please refer to the following site for audition and contact information - csuohio.edu/class/music/percussion.
Music Composition, Music Education, Music Therapy
- MUSIC COMPOSITION - Students wishing to pursue the Bachelor of Music in Composition are required to meet with Dr. Andrew Rindfleisch, Coordinator of the Composition Program, email@example.com. Please contact Dr. Rindfleisch directly to schedule a meeting.
- MUSIC EDUCATION, please click here.
- MUSIC THERAPY, please click here.
Music Theory and Musicianship Placement
All in-coming freshman and undergraduate transfer students who have not received college credit for music theory and musicianship courses are required to take the music theory and musicianship placement exam in order to be admitted into the School of Music.
Music Talent Scholarships
- Freshman applicants and transfer students with exceptional academic records should consider applying for any of the University’s other generous merit-based awards.
- The School of Music offers talent-based music scholarships to qualified in-coming freshman, transfer students, and current students regardless of major in return for participation in School of Music ensembles. Applicants must demonstrate a high level of achievement in their performance at the audition. Competition for the Music Talent Scholarships is keen. Talent scholarships may be applied as payment to cover tuition and fees with the exception of applied music fees. All questions about the Music Talent Scholarships and requirement should be directed to the Kate Bill, Recruiter/ Enrollment Administrator for the Department of Music at 216-687-5039 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CSU Scholarships for Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students
Incoming freshman and transfer students are automatically considered for scholarships once they are admitted to Cleveland State. In some cases, individual scholarships will require a separate application. All students are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information on scholarships or financial aid at Cleveland State University, please refer to the following link: www.csuohio.edu/financial-aid/scholarships-3