Scholarship opportunities are available in both Theatre and in Dance. These scholarships recognize exceptional talent and achievement within the department. Scroll down for guidelines.
Virtual Auditions for DANCE SCHOLARSHIPS, CSU DANCE COMPANY, and CSU DANCE GROUP for Spring 2021
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE DANCE AUDITION INFORMATION.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the program.
Purpose and Criteria for Dance Company Scholarships
The Dance scholarships serve a variety of important purposes. All of these equally important goals will be considered in awarding the scholarships:
- A GPA of 2.75 or higher is required, recognizing the importance of scholastic achievement in the growth and development of the well-rounded, maturing dancer.
- Recognizing potential in the development of the adult dancer who intends to pursue the fulfillment of:
Dance major degree/ Dance Company apprentice or member, or Dance minor degree/ Dance Company apprentice or member,
or for the new dance student demonstrating intent to achieve the experience necessary for future Dance Company apprenticeship or membership through dance classes and participation in the new ensemble the CSU Dance Group.
- The recognition of talent and the desire to pursue dance seriously and consistently with a respect for the process as well as the product. Dance scholarship students are expected to regularly attend all their dance classes, rehearsals, academic courses and dance outreach activities that support the Dance Program.
- The smooth running of the work that is necessary to produce a successful dance production season in all its various aspects. All scholarship students will be expected to take responsibility for a significant piece of the work for the dance program and are expected to fulfill all responsibilities of their scholarship including assistance with production, studio care, participation in master classes and rehearsal times outside of regular class time, and performance and outreach assignments.
For an overview of our CSU Dance Company CLICK HERE.
For more information on Dance Scholarships and the Dance program, please contact Lynn Deering, Department Chair, at email@example.com / 216-687-4883.
Cleveland State University Theatre Scholarship Guidelines
Our scholarship application period for the 21-22 Academic Year has passed.
Each year SCHOLARSHIP application information for Theatre is posted here in March, with deadlines in April for the next academic year. The deadline for this coming school year (2021-2022) has passed for Theatre Scholarship applications. Please check back in March of 2022 for our next round of award applications!
CLICK HERE for an example of the 2021-2022 Theatre Scholarship Application.
Please note the application deadline has passed, and this is for reference only.
Questions may be directed to Holly Holsinger, 216-523-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BASIC THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP INFO:
- DEADLINE: Applications were due by Monday, April 19, 2021. The deadline has now passed.
- DEADLINE: Please submit videos by April 30, 2021 to: email@example.com via YouTube or Vimeo link only please.
- Please include both 1) the completed application and 2) your required video or other pieces to be considered
Applicants will perform one monologue totaling no more than 2 minutes.
Applicants must present a design concept, portfolio, technical project, or prompt book. Presentations must be no more than 5 minutes in length.
Applicants must submit a paper on any theatre subject, minimum three pages, with the application. Minimum 3.5 GPA required.
Departmental Service and Artistic Excellence Scholarship
Applicants in this category give generously of their time to the department. Applicants will submit a video detailing their activities.
- Reuben & Dorothy Silver Endowed Scholarship in Theatre - Awarded on an annual basis to eligible Theatre majors and minors upon consultation with and recommendation by the faculty of the Department of Theatre and Dance. Students become eligible for the award after having been a Theatre major or minor for at least two semesters. They must also have earned a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5and have compiled a record of outstanding service to the department. The scholarship amount is variable.
- Jean Smith Conrad Memorial Scholarship in Theatre - $1,000.00. Scholarship Requirements: Enrolled as an undergraduate while the scholarship is utilized. Rising junior or senior with at least one full year remaining of education. Awarded in the spring semester for the following full year. Strong creative/professional potential. Minimum 3.0 GPA. Financial need may be considered, but is not required.
The Tony Weinert Theatre Scholarship Fund – Amount varies annually
Applicants must be enrolled full-time at Cleveland State University, shall be rising Junior or Senior status students, and shall have declared a Theatre major. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5. Applicants shall demonstrate interest, ability, or talent in acting or directing, or set design as determined by department faculty; Applicants shall demonstrate financial need. Preference shall be given to applicants that are graduates of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District or Lakewood School District.
- The Cutietta Scholarship - $1,000.00. Recipients must be enrolled at Cleveland State University as full-time undergraduate students in good standing, pursuing a degree in the Performing Arts; The scholarship is intended for rising junior or senior-status students;Scholarship recipients must demonstrate financial need; Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate strong creative or professional potential in the opinion of the faculty. This scholarship is available for theatre students in fall of odd years. Next available for Theatre in Fall 2019.
- Saving Our Cinderellas IIiss Marie Benjamin Memorial Endowed Scholarship - $1,000.00. Applicants must be a rising Junior or Senior-level student pursuing a Theatre degree; Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5; and Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- W. Benoy Joseph Endowed Scholarship for Music and Theatre - $1,200.00. This scholarship will be awarded in the fall semester to a senior. The scholarship will alternate between Theatre (even years) and Music (odd years). The Scholarship will be given during the fall semester to a recipient who represents the following: Undergraduate senior majoring in music or theatre within two semesters of graduation. Has demonstrated financial need. Has a minimum 2.5 GPA. Strong preference for a student pursuing a career interest in the marketing or management of the Arts. Next available for Theatre in Fall 2020.
Questions about Theatre Scholarships may be directed to Holly Holsinger,
216-523-7420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE for a sample of the 2021-2022 Theatre Scholarship Application (note the application deadline has passed, and this is for reference only).