Jazz Heritage Orchestra - Black Studies Program
Steppin' Out CD
Willard Jenkins, Journalist (JazzTimes, Down Beat, BET On Jazz WPFW), Artistic Director of the Tri-C JazzFest.
- Just a Closer Walk With TheeTraditional (3:01)
- And That's That (Dennis Makrel) (6:18)
- Jeannine (Duke Pearson) (7:04)
- A Greasy Brown Paper Sack (Leslie Drayton) (5:19)
- Maybe You Don't (Mike Kamuf) (6:57)
- Count 'Em (James Cleveland / Quincy Jones) (7:12)
- Tin Tin Deo (Walter Fuller, Chano Pozo) (9:44)
- I'll Tell You What (Mike Kamuf) (7:52)
- Hot House (Tadd Dameron) (8:09)
- Study War No More (Traditional) (2:48)
The Jazz Heritage Orchestra's current CD, Steppin' Out is available through the Cleveland State University Black Studies Program.
The Jazz Heritage Orchestra is a professional 16-piece not-for-profit performance and educational ensemble, which is an affiliate of the Cleveland State University Black Studies Program. The orchestra is composed of outstanding jazz performers who are highly competent music educators.
Through the auspices of the Cleveland State University Black Studies Program, the Jazz Heritage Orchestra is available for concerts, educational seminars, clinics, master classes, and workshops throughout the United States and around the world.
For more information, please call (216) 687-3655.