Reopening CMSD Schools — Realigning Community Arts Partners
Jul and Sep 2021 – 2-Part Series
Schools Schools Schools: Cleveland and Surrounding Districts
What will schools look like in the Fall? In-person? Hybrid? Where do the arts sit and fit?
Thursday, July 22, 2021 | 11:00 am – 12:30 pm — Coffee with Judy
- What’s ahead for CMSD this Fall? with Jeffery Allen/CMSD colleagues
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 | 9:00 – 10:30 am — Hearing from Area School Leaders
- What is planned for School Districts outside Cleveland including the arts?
Aug and Oct 2021 – 2-Part Series
Collaborations During and Post Covid
Birds’ Eye View of what works best now and can be most useful going forward?
Wednesday, August 25, 2021 | 9:00 – 10:30 am — Coffee with Judy
- Unusual and new member collaborations: pandemic and post-pandemic
Thursday, October 21, 2021 | 11:00 am – 12:30 pm — Community-wide Collaborations
- Non-traditional community-wide collaborations and partnerships – Guest panel
Nov-Dec 2021 - 2-Part Series
Impact of Important Cleveland Educational Support Organizations
How do these entities work, impact the arts and serve our organizations' policies and needs?
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 | 9:00 – 10:30 am — Say Yes and More
- Hearing about and from Say Yes, True1U, other community support organizations
Thursday, December 9, 2021 | 11:00 am to 12:30 pm— Coffee with Judy –
- What have we learned? How can we work together to positively affect things?
Jan-Mar 2022 – 3-Part Series – Post-Covid Thoughts
Understanding Today’s Traumas, Ramping Up Inclusion, Deepening Social Justice and Equity
With Moderator-Host Chyrel Oates, CWRU/Youth Work Institute and Guest Panelists
Post-pandemic - how do we face trauma and build greater inclusion in and through the arts?
Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 9:00 – 10:30 am
- Reducing the overwhelming impact of trauma on student engagement & learning
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 | 11:00 am– 12:30 pm — Coffee with Judy
- Comparing efforts to build greater inclusion in our organizations and work
Thursday, March 24, 2022 | 9:00 – 10:30 am
- What does equity and justice mean in the arts in 2022? How can we do better?
Making Evaluation Work for our Work
What are efficient effective processes and plans? PD Workshop with Guest Presenter
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 | Daylong Workshop 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
May 2022 – date and time, tbd (usually end of school, 4th week)
- Annual CEO Eric Gordon’s Cleveland Metropolitan School District Update
* Looking back at the year’s accomplishments across the District and new arts investment for schools and students
Season’s Last Coffee with Judy
Thursday, June 23, 2022 | 9:00 - 10:30 am — Coffee with Judy
To catch up, look back at the year and gather ideas for summer and next season
CAEC Planning Group 2021-2022 — Thank you!
- Amy Rosenbluth Lake Erie Ink
- Aseelah Shareef Karamu House
- Ed Gallagher Beck Center for the Arts
- Jennifer Harris Rainey Institute
- Laila Voss Art House Inc.
- Mandy Smith Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Marcela Rodriquez Gonzales Cleveland Play House
- Melissa Higgins-Linder Cleveland Museum of Art
- Rick Grahovac Progressive Arts Alliance
- Sara Lawrence-Sucato Dancing Wheels Company and School
Click here to view past events:
Past Meeting and Events